"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut. I now pretend to be an author. Let's see how it goes.

24 February 2009

Progress Update: The Truth About Hope

By God! Is this even possible! I think I have just finished my second novel, for an Epilogue is not really part of the novel itself. Words cannot express the feeling in my heart, for I had forgotten in two years what if was to feel like this. The Calmness of Martyrs is, with the exception of the Epilogue, done. I have written two novels. That bears repeating: I have written two complete novels. I am giddy. I cannot recall the last time I was this happy. I even finished it on the 24th, as I had planned, and not the 25th. What's more, it ends on a somewhat happy note, or at least, if not happy, bittersweet, perhaps.

So this last chapter, Chapter 12 is "The Truth About Hope" and has 14 pages and 4500 words. It is going to need some editing because I am not sure I like how it flows, but by God! I am done with my second novel! There is no getting over this!

No comments: