"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut. I now pretend to be an author. Let's see how it goes.

23 February 2009

Progress Update: Forgiveness at Gunpoint

Again, I find myself behind what I said I was going to do. Oh Well. Chapter 10 is done. Finally. It was rather difficult to write. It is called "Forgiveness at Gunpoint" and has 15 full pages of 4600 words. Unfortunately, I cannot possibly bring myself to post an excerpt. It is still too close to the heart. I had to do something very horrible to a character whom I love. I... Oh, I can't even say. It's terrible of me to feel so badly about what I write. It isn't like it's real to anyone other than myself, and caring this much only causes problems. I do not see the benefits. I feel their pain, yes, but by God, why should they always have to feel pain? Oh, I cannot say.

I think I shall at least start Chapter 11 now.

No comments: