Today seemed like an appropriate day to write, considering it was the anniversary of JFK's assassination and that the premise of my book is that JFK was never elected. Wait, did I say today? My clock tells me it is 2:24 AM; I must mean yesterday.
Yet the writing is slow, and I am tempted to reuse my metaphor that equates writers' block with the Berlin Wall. I have only written 300 words in 36 hours. Aside from that, I have done some editing, but not very much. I sometimes think that writing a novel has made me forget how to write. But then again, this day is about JFK, not Mark Adams; perhaps I should look to JFK, not MTA.
There are many people in the world who really don't understand, or say they don't, what is the great issue between the free world and the Communist world. Let them come to Berlin. There are some who say that communism is the wave of the future. Let them come to Berlin. And there are some who say in Europe and elsewhere we can work with the Communists. Let them come to Berlin. And there are even a few who say that it is true that communism is an evil system, but it permits us to make economic progress. Lass' sie nach Berlin kommen. Let them come to Berlin.Does it help? I ask myself. No, not really, but it gets easier to pretend that it does.
No comments:
Post a Comment