Pages: 193. Words: 58,355. Chapters: 12. Prologue? Not yet. Epilogue? Yes, it's quite nice. Favorite Passage: The part where Ralph looks at the stars.
I include this tonight only because I finally finished the "last" new chapter, or the first Cabinet meeting. This is the new chapter four, and it has inherited the name that the original chapter nine (now chapter eleven) once possessed. I am aware that that makes no sense, so I will diagram (* denotes a chapter started after 24 February 2007):
Part One: This Earthly World
I. San Francisco
II. The Sieve
III. Color
IV. The Kitchen Cabinet*
V. Hong Kong
VI. Catalyst
Part Two: The Lost Frontier
VII. Secession
VIII. Dualism
IX. The Trinity
X. Sandbox*
XI. The Loneliest Job
XII. The Roundness of History
I can only spend so long on this third of the triptych. Sooner or later I must move on to the second installment, the Calmness of Martyrs. The trouble is, I think I am going to have some trouble leaving Mark behind. That's what they don't tell you when you become an author--how terribly difficult it is to kill off your main character. It's like murdering your firstborn and leaving the corpse to rot on the side of the dirt road.
No comments:
Post a Comment