These simple emoticons represent the Four Humors, or the Four Temperaments. Clockwise, from the top right we see yellow bile, black bile, blood, and phlegm. I analyzed all characters in the Fallen Caryatid and found their temperaments. Mark is phlegm, but I think he is also largely yellow bile. I am well aware that the former is counter-intuitive, but he is an ENTP. He is witty and likes to be in control. He values ideas immensely, possibly above all else.
Ralph is black bile. He is an ISTJ and concerned with morals and ethics above all. Everything must be right for him to stand behind it.
Jane Chamberlain is blood.
Henry Erikson is yellow bile.
Paul Navarro is phlegm.
Carl Samuels is black bile (primary) and phlegm (secondary).
William Johnson is phlegm (primary) and blood (secondary).
Jillian McCarthy is yellow bile (primary) and blood (secondary).
Scruples is black bile.
As for myself, I am something of a combination. I am largely phlegm (and yes, I know how self-deprecating that sounds) but am black bile is well. I think the divide is 60-40 or so. I am an INTJ--a Rational Mastermind--which explains the former, but the latter... Even if it was not one of my quiz results, it is just a feeling--an empathetic understanding when reading the descriptions. I feel tragedy poignantly; the writer in me feels everything poignantly.
No comments:
Post a Comment