"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut. I now pretend to be an author. Let's see how it goes.

08 September 2009

Running Amok

Sometimes, I find English class really inspiring. It gives me new ways to procrastinate. Today, my teacher proposed a simple question. If you were a writer, how many rejections could you take? I said I wouldn't have a limit. Then I thought about it and realized that I have no empirical evidence. However, I do have a way to test it.

Today, after an hour or two of research, I submitted my wonderful second-person narrative "Amok" to a literary magazine called Vulcan. Yes, I absolutely love how fitting the names are. It wasn't really intentional. If I believed in such things, I would call it serendipity. Or fate. Either way, we'll see in a few weeks. I feel pretty good about the whole thing. But I must admit, a rejection would be, from an anthropological or psychological perspective, fascinating. 

Other random notes: My fanfic story is going well. I found a loose story line for The Glorious Struggle, or my NaNoWriMo project-to-be.

I am also loving this new layout. Change is good. To an extent. I think I've outgrown the depressing nature of Scribe.

No comments: