"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut. I now pretend to be an author. Let's see how it goes.

13 July 2009

Forgotten Diagrams

Pages: 202. Words: 61,755. Chapters: 12. Prologue? Yes, and it is damn good.. Epilogue? It'll do pig. Favorite Passage: Still everything Mark says in Chapter 7: "Check Your Premises".

So yeah. Last night, i.e., this morning turned out pretty much how I expected. I went to sleep around five. Slept about two and a half hours. Woke up. Watched The Prestige. Made plans. Ate a cookie. Made more plans. Drank some caffeine--I mean tea. Made a bunch of sandwiches for other people. Got some bad news. Kept smiling. Realized I never actually diagrammed for Martyrs after I finished the epilogue... Figured this was as good of a time as any. Realized that I seem to have screwed up my arithmetic last time I diagrammed. Decided I am kind of epically failing at life today. Decided I don't really give a damn.

Because, for some uncanny reason, I feel just as good now as I did seven hours ago. And sleep deprivation doesn't seem to have ruined my mood. I don't get it. I should feel like crap. I don't. So I'm going to stop analyzing and just enjoy it. Coldplay tonight.

Awesome and very appropriate quote that I came up with. Will appear somewhere in Gates, just don't know where yet. "Happiness is just a chemical reaction..." Henry Erikson. And I am riding the serotonin. The diagram above depicts serotonin, coincidentally.

Part One: Cosmos
I. The Last Honest Man in Washington
II. Handkerchiefs and Hardships
III. The Silent Scream
IV. Lost Causes
V. The Human Bomb
Part Two: Chaos
VI. A Mouse in the Perfect Trap
VII. Check Your Premises
VIII. For How Life Should Be
IX. To Jump Off a Cliff
X. Forgiveness at Gunpoint
XI. No Way Out
XII. The Truth About Hope

No comments: