"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut. I now pretend to be an author. Let's see how it goes.

12 December 2007

The Clockmaker's Clocks

There are days when I think that I have let things get very confused in my novel--that Mark is too much a reflection of myself. There are other days when I deny it because I hate to admit that it is true. I hate to admit that my writing means that much too me--that it is the ultimate reflection of myself. But it is, and I know that. Mark is my doppleganger; he is me laid to words. Therefore, it is fitting that his beliefs should match mine.
The times he had tried to convert—to Atheism, to Agnosticism, to Deism, to the Truth—to the ever-changing Doctrine of Doubt.
Sounds remarkably like me speaking. But apparently, I am a...
What spirituality is for you?

Deist

You are, in fact, a Deist. You believe in a clockmaker God who created the universe and initiated the natural equilibrium, but not a "personal god."

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.
And I think Mark is, too.

No comments: