I should have done this last night, or this morning, really, but I needed to get some sleep. Needless to say, I wrote nothing today. I don't really know when I will write again. I want to, desperately, and I think I know what to write, but I have gotten to that scary place again. I have responsibilities that I've ignored this last week. There are things that I have to do--that I need to do--and some that I don't but should. The first part took me to some unexpected places. I would be a fool to think that the second will be any different. Hell, I wouldn't want it to be any different. I like unexpected places, and I like finding myself beyond the threshold of the known world. I just can't afford to go there right now because I can't be sure that my door back to the known world will be open when I come back. I can't afford to have the important doors close while I chase a dream. This is a cruel form of masochism; I know that. But it's all part of The Plan. It's order and cosmos, and I just can't face chaos, especially not in my own life. I will be back, and I would like to finish by February 24, the two-year anniversary of the day I "finished" my first novel. I'll try. I just need to leave a trail of breadcrumbs and pray that I don't get lost.
Part One: Cosmos
I. The Last Honest Man in Washington
II. Handkerchiefs and Hardships
III. The Silent Scream
IV. Lost Causes
V. The Human Bomb
Part Two: Chaos
No comments:
Post a Comment